1. The single most important tip we can offer is to check that the entertainer is CRB checked, and that they can prove that it’s up to date. Although a CRB check is not currently a compulsory requirement for any self-employed entertainer, most local red rock entertainment testimonials authorities and schools now insist that all entertainers they hire must supply the relevant documentation beforehand.
2. Do they have public liability insurance? Accidents can happen at anytime, and a room full of excited children bouncing around can be one of the biggest accidents waiting to happen. Regardless of whether you are holding a party in a hall, outdoors or in your home, you should check if the children entertainer holds public liability insurance.
3. Check if the entertainer is a member of any magic societies or Equity. (Equity is the Union of Performers and Artists) Being a member of a society does not mean that you are guaranteed a high quality performance, but it may prove their dedication to their job, and it means you can book the entertainer with peace of mind.
In this day and age of technology it seems like every professional must have a website that showcases who they are and what they have to offer to the world. Entertainers are individuals that can truly benefit from having an established website that describes their experience, skills and reputation in the entertainment industry. In order to create the best website an entertainer needs to team up with a website development company that specializes in website development for entertainers. Entertainers are a special class of professionals that use their skills and experience in order to add to the pleasure of the general public. The general public truly focuses on the latest happenings and gossip when it comes to individuals that are part of that is the world. With this said, an entertainer can have the true ability to connect with their fans and followers through a personalized website that is created by a company that specializes in website development for entertainers.
4. What games do you play? All children want to be involved as much as possible with the entertainment, check if the games played require children to remain out for a long time, you want to avoid bored or upset children stood watching whilst others still compete.
5. How varied is the entertainment? If you’re planning on booking someone who is predominantly a magician, then a full hour’s performance is quite hard to keep a small child’s attention. However, if the entertainer breaks it up with use of balloon modelling, some party music or some puppets then even a two-hour show will fly by for the kids.
7. Find out if they have a website. If they do, then you should find plenty of photos online, hopefully with the children entertainer looking well presented and fun, and even some actual photos from some other kids parties they have performed at.
8. How much do they cost? Don’t focus on price too much, you get what you pay for in this world, and a saving of a few quid may end up to be the worst decision you make. Professional children entertainers have costs to pay, insurance and high quality equipment doesn’t come cheap, so shop around and get a good idea of what people are charging.
When it comes to hiring kids entertainers for your child’s next birthday party, the problem is often in the choosing. After all, there are so many choices out there! To make things easier for yourself, narrow your pickings down by (1) deciding on a party theme, and (2) taking your child’s age group into consideration.
Having a party theme to work with makes everything easier! When you have a theme, it’s a lot easier to choose the right kind of kids party entertainers. Choosing the food and drinks, the decorations, and the party favours is also a lot simpler when you have a theme handy.
Another thing to consider when choosing children’s party entertainers is your child’s age. Younger kids won’t mind having clowns around, so no worries there. Just make sure the clowns aren’t scary — you know how some people are with clowns!
It’s often better to offer something unexpected and unfamiliar when it comes to entertainment. Kids may like quieter, more mature, and more creative kids entertainers, such as face painters, balloon artists, comedians, and magicians. Even themed pony shows are great ways to keep the kids occupied throughout the party.
There will always be entertainers out there who charge ridiculously cheap rates, and it’s tempting to hire such entertainers when you’re on a tight budget. But remember the saying “you get what you pay for” and a first birthday or a 5th birthday only gets celebrated once, why risk the memories hiring a cheap kids party entertainer (newbie, less experienced performers). It’s a whole lot better to shell out a little extra money for the peace of mind of working with true professional entertainers.